Pecan Pie Cookies!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

How was your thanksgiving? If it was anything like ours, you are probably still trying to recover.

The week before last we had a dear friend come visit, a dear friend who is awesome at baking. So of course we enlisted her to bake with us while she was here.

My husband loves pecan pies, I do not (and I am not much of a pie maker either), so he only gets them at Christmas or Thanksgiving. Then I saw these pretty little things on instagram and thought I could probably handle them. My friend on instagram sent me the recipe she had got from pintertest (of course) and it made for a fun afternoon.

I'm not sure what the original link is but here is one that I found: pecan pie cookies

Charlee LOVES to help her mommy, she is a first born child through and through. She especially loves to help mommy in the kitchen, she's a pretty good helper too. It was a lot of fun to watch her and Jess bake these.

yes, we like to bake in our pj's


So I could give you the step by step's but in all honesty I didn't do anything to help bake these, Charlee and Jess did it all. So i'll just show you the pictures and I bet you can figure it out. :)



Anything that big sister is doing little sister wants to help, so we had to find something for Jo to help with. When that didn't work...
bucket of toys to the rescue. 

ready to go into the oven!

And the finished product! They went over very well, so well in fact I didn't get a chance to get a picture of the preacher enjoying his cookies. They went fast. These were pretty easy to make, so I hope I gave you a new idea for your christmas cookies, and if you are related to me you can expect these at some point during christmas. 

 photo sig_zps1xhugs0w.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
1 Comment »

One Response to “Pecan Pie Cookies!”

  1. Those look yummy! Looks like you all had a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete