love is all you need, but a sense of humor doesn't hurt

Friday, February 15, 2013

I have an ongoing conversation with a good friend about how difficult it is to photograph your own children. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who struggles with this. I don't know if it is because my expectations are too high for both my girls behavior and the outcome of the photos or if they just like to see their mama get flustered. Either way I feel like it can be a battle sometimes. I had made them outfits to wear to church for Valentine's day but getting a decent photo of them before or after church is practically impossible so I had made up my mind to just have a little session here at the house so I can have proof of them in clean matching outfits.



This is how we started, silly faces from Charlee and Jo saying "I'm not really into this mom", but it got better. 




The only way I could get Jo to take a few by herself was to get a chair for her to sit in (she loves chairs, loves them!). 

 Jo doesn't think mommy is as funny as daddy so we had to get a little help from the preacher.


She is definitely daddy's girl. Charlee as many of you already know is a bit of a ham and the hard part isn't getting her in front of the camera it is getting a natural expression.


Even though this is not at all what I was going for this shot makes me laugh because it is real Charlee. 
I was able to get a few shots that were a little better.





I also got to take some quick photos of one of the cutest 4 month olds around and I'm excited to share those with you too!




It's been a while since I've taken photos of anyone other than my kids so I was pretty excited to get these. It's easy to get great shots when the subject is so stinkin' cute!




And now because I know you will enjoy these here are a few of the not so pleasant shots:



This is really how most of the session went, fighting over who sat in the chair and who stood where. I'm sure I'm not the only mom who has this problem right?

Now that Valentine's Day is officially over I've got some excited news:


I have decided to do some Easter mini's! I'm really excited about this, hoping to meet some new clients and visit with some of my regulars. I will be in OKC on March 16th and on the 23rd will be in Wilburton. This will be an on-location shoot, and I'm pretty pumped for the plans in store! 

Please help me get the word out, and if you want a session please book now. I am so excited about these, and to see all your beautiful kids decked out in their Easter finest!


 photo sig_zps1xhugs0w.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
3 Comments »

3 Responses to “love is all you need, but a sense of humor doesn't hurt”

  1. I think we need to book a session for Tynleigh Kaye! I absolutely love your pics, such beautiful lil girls & The last picture was just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So cute! Made my day for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "not so pleasant shots" as you call them are my faves! HILARIOUS! Shows off all that personality! lol :)

    ReplyDelete