Birthday Party Roundup

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Warning: this post contains an overload of photos, it might overwhelm you a little. Please scroll slowly and advert your eyes from the screen every few minutes to avoid damage



We decided this year to throw a joint party for the girls. This way our families only had to make the drive one time this summer, and save time and energy with only one party. 

I had a hard time coming up with a theme for it, there are so many ideas out there. It would be so easy to pick a theme that I loved and just run with it, but I had to remind myself that it is their party and not mine. 

That being said we went with a cowgirl theme. 

My girls think that they are real cowgirls since we live in the "country" now. Which I will admit that compared to where we used to live this is definitely county. 

They love their cowboy boots and hats, and still get incredibly excited when they see horses or cows (or "moos" as Jo calls them). So I felt like I really had no choice in the matter. 



I didn't do a whole lot of decorating, I knew that most of the party would be spent outside. I made the sign out of an old fence I found on the side of the road. (love finding treasures that way!) I spray painted it pink and then white. If I could do it over again I wouldn't go with the spray paint, it took more coats and the final look didn't come out like I had hoped. I made the banner with burlap and my printer, using this tutorial. It was so much easier that I thought and so much quicker!


For the cake table I used old sheets my nanny (norma jean) had gave me some time ago. Again one women's trash is another's treasure. You can't really see them well but I had the girls 2 and 4 year old photos displayed throughout. (come back for photo friday to see all of them!) 

Now let me just tell you about these cakes, they were ahhh-mazing. Terrie is a friend of my mom's and did both cakes and the cupcakes. They were perfect, exactly what I wanted but did such a poor job of expressing. 
her face kills me in this photo, I can't decide if she is thinking about eating it or just keeping an eye on to make sure it doesn't move.

Charlee loved her cake, it couldn't of been more perfect!


I told Terrie just some stuff that the girls liked, because I didn't really have any ideas of what to do for the cakes. I told her the animals each girl liked and their favorite colors. It was important to me that they each had their own individual cake, a cake that when they saw it knew it was theirs.

 I remember when I was in the 7th grade two of my friends had a joint birthday party, but most everyone thought it was only one of the girls party and not both of theirs. I'm sure you know how well that went over with 13 year old girls.

Anyways I didn't want that to happen to either of my girls, I wanted the party to be a joint but equally both of theirs (am I making any sense?). Terrie was is awesome and if you are looking for an awesome cake please check her out on facebook.

Also you should know that as amazing as these cakes looked, they tasted even better. I mean it, unreal goodness.


this is a look of sheer determination, or fear 








































One of my favorite traditions growing up was getting books from my mimi and papa, I still have some that my girls now read. So I loved seeing how excited my girls were when they got books from them for their birthday. These might be some of my favorite photos from the weekend. 

I've wanted to do a photobooth for as long as they have been popular, but I've never had the space to do one. Now I know that this is not a new idea and a little played out, but I didn't care. I'm so glad we did it because it was so much fun and now I've got an awesome keepsake of all the people who helped us celebrate.


The weather couldn't of been better for us to hang out outside and enjoy each other's company.

top left is Jo eating one of the legs off of her cow



























Everything went so great, I almost want to say perfect but I don't want to jinx myself.

Thank you to everyone who made it out, thank you for being a part of our girl's big day.

I want to leave you with my favorite pic maybe ever.

The preacher and I have been trying to come up the best caption to fit this picture. He said it looks like a perfect face to make into a meme. So lets have a little contest whoever comes up with the best caption (leave it in the comments) will win a choice between a discount off of a photo session or something free from my shop.

I'm pretty sure this look has something to do with her cake. 

Thanks for putting up with the mass amount of photos today.  Hopefully your eyes weren't damaged too bad. 

Be sure to come back on Friday to see the photo session with my girls. I'm so happy with how they turned out, and excited for you to see them too!

 photo sig_zps1xhugs0w.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply