Back to School

Thursday, August 22, 2013

This week I think just about every kid in the state started back to school, including my big pre-schooler.   She has been waiting all summer to get to go school, and she loves it. I'm not going to lie, while I miss that kid all day long, I'm really excited for her. Excited for her to start learning and growing, but also excited about all the fun mom stuff I'm going to get to do now.

I love all the way cute teacher gifts on Pinterest, and now I have a real excuse to make them. CK went last week to meet her teacher for the first time, and I didn't want her to go empty handed. I found a really cute and easy idea for a "meeting the teacher" gift on this blog and fell in love with it. So I changed the color of the jar to match the school colors and made my own tag to go on it, here is the end result:

This was quick and easy, and CK loved taking a gift to her teacher, it was a win win. 


There being so many great gift ideas out there I asked around to some of my teacher friends to see what gifts they actually liked and ones that they didn't. I would hate to spend time and money on something that wasn't needed or wanted. Most all of the people I asked said the way to go is gift cards, which honestly I wouldn't of ever thought of, but one friend told me how she always makes a teacher questionnaire for her kids teachers. Find out things that they love or don't love, makes it easier to surprise them with things that they do actually want or need. 


 This is what I came up with. I didn't want to overload them with questions, but have enough info to last me the school year. Want this for your teacher? Go here to download and print.  I know some of these questions will only be applicable to us okies, but if anyone would like the ps file I would be more than happy to share.

Here are a few photos from my big girl's first day at pre-k:





She picked this outfit out at the store and it is her favorite, she couldn't wait to wear it to school. I'm not sure when she got so big.

I hope all of your babies had a great first week at school, be sure to come back tomorrow for Photo Friday!

 photo sig_zps1xhugs0w.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply