Photo Friday; A New Challenge

Friday, March 7, 2014


Happy Friday! Today's Photo Friday is the start of a something new.

I told you on Monday how I felt like I was in a rut, not happy with how my images were turning out. The problem was I didn't know why I didn't like them, I just knew that I didn't. One day I saw a photographer that I follow post something about a 365 day challenge. What caught my eye was the tagline "get out of your photography rut", so I clicked on the link to find out more

A 365 day challenge is pretty simple, you take a photo everyday. Take just one photo a day, sure I can do that, so I started January 1st.

I decided that my Photo Fridays needed a little re-vamping, so now they will be dedicated to my 365 challenge. Every friday you will get to see that weeks photos. You will get to see photos from our day to day lives, sometimes exciting things sometimes mundane. You may be asking why would I post boring photos that you might not care anything about? I'm hoping that knowing that I will actually have to show my photos to other people is going to push me to get more creative, try harder, and think out of the box. I don't ever want to get to the point that I stop pushing myself to get better. Now Photo Friday's are going to hold me accountable.

With out further ado this week's photos:



One thing that I have really enjoyed about this challenge already is trying to capture candid moments. One of the tips I read about doing this challenge is having your camera out and ready, so there is no looking for it or trying to adjust all the settings. When something happens my camera is somewhere that I can reach out and grab it in a hurry. When I took the photo above both girls where looking at the birds outside, right before I snapped this one Jo stepped right in front of me. My initial reaction was ugh, but the more I look at this one the more I like it.


Some photos aren't always going to get an explanation, just know that they are snapshots of our daily life.


Yes, I took my camera with me into a store. We have been trying (not so successfully might I add) to get Jo out of pull ups and into panties. I thought letting her pick out her own would be a good motivator. I might of looked kinda nuts taking a picture of my two year old look at the panty section but I don't regret it at all. I love that I have this moment captured, she looked at all the different choices and wanted to make sure she got the right one. Even though her hair is kind of crazy and we're in our local Alco, I've got this moment of Jo no longer being a baby. Right here she is making her own decision, she is starting to form her own opinions and thinking for herself. 



This photo came from a surprise nice afternoon. The weather was so nice we had to just get outside, so we walked to go get CK from school. As we were walking up our driveway she told us, "I know how to climb a tree now! I think I want to climb one for the first time". I wish you could of seen the surprise in her face when we said "okay go for it". As she ran for the tree I ran for my camera. 

Well there it is, the first week of the all new Photo Friday, what do you think of the change? Don't worry I am still going to blog my photo sessions, they just won't be on Fridays. 

That's all I have for this week, it's good to be back in the swing of things. Be sure to come back next week for more! I sure hope you find a way to enjoy this awesome weather this weekend, I know we are!



 photo sig_zps1xhugs0w.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply