The Bestie! & Why We Needed A Change

Wednesday, March 26, 2014


One of my absolute most favorite people is getting married! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this girl, the term "bestie" really doesn't give justice to our relationship. I'm going to have to make up a new word, hmmm challenge accepted.

I am so very happy for Trishy (her name is actually Tricia but Trishy is the nickname she acquired almost 10 years ago and it is what my kids call her) and her new family. I can't wait to watch her walk down the aisle on her daddy's arm, and I'm even more excited to watch her become a mother. Because she is going to be such a great mom.

Trishy and Shane got engaged on Christmas Eve and shortly after asked me to take some save the date pictures, of course I said yes! I am so excited to show these photos to you!

Before we jump into the photos I want to tell you a little bit about what is going on with us. I'm just going to be pretty blunt, is that okay?

Since moving to Wilburton, the Preacher and I have both really put on some weight. Actually we both got the biggest we've ever been. (minus being prego) We both got to the same point of being having horrible eating habits, little sleep, and little to no activity. What is the worst is we would be sitting up way too late watching movies eating awful food for us and we would always talk about how unhappy we were with ourselves. As we made another plate of nachos, and downed another bottle of Pepsi.

The weekend of Valentine's Day the Preacher took off and we had a weekend away, it was amazing. We went out to eat, did a little shopping, SLEPT IN, and my favorite part was getting to go to Beauty & The Beast the broadway show. For those of you who didn't know that is my favorite Disney movie and it was an amazing show. After the show we took a picture to commemorate the evening.

That next day is the day we both decided it was time for a change. For me it was after looking at that picture, it wasn't a bad picture by any means but I think it opened my eyes to just how unhealthy we had become. For the Preacher it was talking to a friend of his and how he was doing a 24 day challenge and the weight he had lost.

We both knew something needed to change, so we made the investment to do so. We became distributors of Advocare and started the 24 day challenge together.

Now a month later the Preacher is down 10lbs and I am down 12lbs! Can I just tell you how amazing I feel? I seriously haven't felt this good in years, we are both working our daily and eating so much better. Also, I have kicked my Pepsi addiction/dependance. Now I know what some of you are thinking, that sounds ridiculous, and you're right it was ridiculous. Guys, I was drinking (by myself mind you) almost an entire litter of Pepsi A DAY! Can you just for a second think about how awful that is? I think the best part is that we are just getting started, the 24 day challenge was just what we needed to jumpstart our new lifestyle.

I could go on and on about how great advocare has been and how much I love spark (oh and I do) but I don't want to write an infomercial. Bottom line is that it is working for us, if you want more info I would be glad to give it to you! I just wanted to tell you about what is working for us, the same way I would recommend a good movie (Frozen anyone?)

Okay on to the photos!


I'm going to start with my favorite, I just love the color in this photo. Since I've done so much talking already I'm just going to let the photos talk for themselves.









Loved taking these photos, had so much fun. Plus I'll take any excuse to hang out with these people any day. 

That is it for today! Happy Wednesday!


 photo sig_zps1xhugs0w.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply