Photo Friday Mother's Day Edition

Friday, May 9, 2014

Yay for it being Friday! I don't know about you but this past week has flown by for us. I'm not really sure how it is already Friday! 


It is Mother's Day weekend, and I couldn't be more excited! I have a very special princess themed session planned, as well as a mother's day outing with my women in my family. Then on Monday CK "graduates" from pre-k, how did this year go by so fast??? Either way we have a fun filled weekend ahead.

Because it is in fact Mother's Day weekend, I wanted to do something a little different. Don't worry you are still getting to see photos they just aren't all mine. :)

I have been blessed to be apart of such an amazing family. I have been surrounded by strong women my entire life. I can't even begin to tell you all that I have been taught by my mother, and grandmothers. I can tell you that everything I know about being a mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, pastor's wife, and a women of God I owe to the women in my life.  

I was so fortunate to grow up with both of my great-grandma, my nanny and my grandma Josephine. I could fill up several posts about what they both mean to me and how much I miss my grandma, but instead I'm going to share with you some of my favorite photos of them. 



My mom said that when she was pregnant with me my Mimi said she was too young to be called grandma, and she has been Mimi ever since.  My Mimi has been such a big influence on my life, and I am so thankful for the type of relationship we have. I love that she pours into my life as a fellow minister's wife, and she is always ready to listen and help in any way she can. And I can't leave out how much fun she is, especially when you get her around her book club friends. 



The biggest influence I've had in my life, other than Jesus, has been my mom. I laugh when I see teenagers I know complain about their moms on Facebook, and I always think "just wait." It's a hard realization when you find your mom actually was right about almost everything, or when you find how much like her you are, lol. I am so grateful for my mom, how much she did and still does sacrifice for me and my siblings. She taught us what it really means to love your children. I still call her everyday needing help with one thing or another, and she is always ready and willing. I don't know what I would do or who I would be if not for my mom. 

Did I mention how blessed I am? I didn't even get a chance to tell you how great my aunts and sisters are, I am literally surrounded by amazing women. 

Before you run off to start all your Mother's Day festivities I wanted to quickly share with you a quick and easy gift that I put together for the mom's in my life. 



About a month or so ago I saw these amazing totes on Pick Your Plum and had to have one. Once I got on there I could not decide what color I wanted, that is when I realized what I was going to do for Mother's Day. So I ordered one of each (which was easy to do with their amazing prices!)

I. Love. These. Bags.

They are so cute, and big, perfect for what I was wanting. 

I didn't want to just give a bag, I like to make things personal. So I went through my vinyl stash (also from PYP) and found some handy heat transfer vinyl. Here is the outcome:





Both my Mimi and Mother-in-law are pastor's wives, so I know that like me, they have a ton of stuff that gets taken to and from church. I love having a "church bag". It helps me keep my stuff together, and helps me from loosing or misplacing different papers or books that the preacher or the girls throw my way every week. 

I love how cute they turned out and how quick and easy they were to put together. 



 I added a little baker's twine and a cute tag and now they are ready to go! I am going to share the tags with you because I think they would be perfect for mom's or teachers, or just because.





Just print, cut, and attach!

I can't wait to give these out!

Well friends that is all I have for today, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Happy Mother's Day to all you Muthas!







 photo sig_zps1xhugs0w.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply